Fishing Reports on June 2009June 30, - This picture says all what we could say about today's fishing!!!. A great day for Mr. Friend and his family from the Four Seasons Papagayo aboard the LA CHILA-G boat. Jesus Mendez, captain, took them fishing out to Bat islands here in golfo de Papagayo; they released 9 sailfish and one big yellowfin tuna.
June ends with a good score of sails and some marlins released, also a lot of dorado and yellowfin tuna caught. Seems like it will continue and we are going to have good fishing on July since there are a large number of small dorado schools everywhere here in the Golfo de Papagayo and specially at Bat islands, so we know billfish are somewhere around here looking for food.
June 27, - Adrian Mendez, aboard the SEA-SNAKE, took Glenn Jackson, from the Hilton resort fishing out to Bat islands, he released a sail and 9 dorados.
- Mr. Dennis Omanoff and his family, from JW Marriot, Hacienda Pinilla Tamarindo, were fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G at Bat islands and caught 15 dorados.
June 26, - Bryan Shackleford and a friend, fishing out from Barcelo Langosta in Tamarindo were fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G with Arnaldo Mendez captain. They released a sail and two dorados.
June 21, - Our boat LA CHILA-G with Arnaldo Mendez captain was fishing today at the Bat island with a group of 4 from the Hilton Papagayo resort (Patrice Gunter and his family), they released 4 sailfish and 4 dorados.
June 17, - Jesus Mendez aboard the LA CHILA-G boat took Stephen Bass from the Paradisus Melia Playa Conchal fishing out to the gulf of Papagayo. He caught 3 sailfish, two dorados and two yellowfin tuna.
- Lino Guido, the WAHOO captain took Justin Drebris from the Occidental Grand Papagayo Resort fishing out to the Bat islands. He landed a sailfish and caught a bunch of other fish: 2 dorados, a nice yellowfin, two rainbow runners and a lot of bonitos.
June 12, - Jesus Mendez aboard the LA CHILA-G boat took a family from the Four Seasons Papagayo Resort for a half day inshore fishing and caught 10 dorados here in the nearby Punta de Palmares in the golfo de Papagayo.
- Arnaldo Mendez, the CORMORAN boat captain took Karen Streets and her family fishing out to the Bat islands. They caught 5 dorados and one sailfish.
June 11, - Jose Mendez, the ALBATRES captain, took Karen Streets and his family inshore fishing at the golfo de Papagayo. They caught a roosterfish and 3 dorados.
June 07, - Lino Guido, the WAHOO boat captain, took William Myfield and his family, from the Four Seasons Papagayo resort, fishing to the Bat islands. They had a great fishing day, landed a sail, caught two dorados. Mr. William were fighting with a 400lbs blue marlin for 2 hours, however after that time the fish broke the line.
- Nelson Mendez, aboard the TUNAFISH took Walter Monteach and his family for a half day inshore fishing here in the golfo de Papagayo. They released a sail and caught two dorados and a wahoo.
June 05, - Fishing out from Ocotal beach, Gary Stickler and his friend, aboard the LA CHILA-G with Jesus Mendez captain where fishing at the Bat islands for a full day charter. They released 4 big sailfish and 9 dorados.
- Arnaldo Mendez, the CORMORAN boat captain, took Jimmy Whalen and his friend (from the Ocotal beach) inshore fishing in the golfo de Papagayo for a half day. They caught 5 dorados and one wahoo.