Reports between Nov-2010 - April 2011Steve and Harumi Karel were fishing with us for 3 days aboard our ALBATRES boat. They send us a few words about their charters:
We are back home after a great 3 day charter (April 25-27, 2011) on the Albatres boat with capatain Greivin and mate Lino. The fishing was excellent. We caught blue marlin, roosterfish, mahimahi, tuna, and other fish. Our fishing was successful because Greivin and Lino were very experienced and knew where the fish were. They gave us great service each day. We were pleased and hope to come back soon.
Steve and Harumi Karel
Papagayo fishing Charters- April 28,
- Jim White and his family were offshore fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat. They caught 6 dorados and released one sail.
- Jesus Mendez, the Cormoran boat reported the client Thom Spaulding from Playa del Coco released one sail and caught 6 dorados.
Papagayo fishing - April 27,
- David and Katherine Buttigieg from the Riu Guanacaste were fishing for a half day aboard LA CHILA-G boat, they raised two sails and released one of them.
- Greivin Mendez aboard the ALBATRES boat took Steve Karel and his wife inshore fishing and caught 3 dorado.
- Jose Mendez the Bahamas boat captain took the below 3 guy inshore fishing to the gulf of Papagayo. They caught 12 yellowfin tunas and 6 dorados.
Papagayo inshore fishing - April 26,
- Steve Karel and his wife were inshore fishing aboard our ALBATRES boat and Greivin Mendez captain. After 3 hours, around 11am they released a nice roosterfish, Mr. Karel dream came true. Later, around 1:30pm them came into a 250 +pounds blue marlin, Mr. Karel second dream, the marlin was released around 3pm.
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Patrick Fixter and his family fishing out of Four Seasons Papagayo hotel. They caught 2 dorados, one jack jurel and released one sailfish.
- Jesus Mendez aboard CORMORAN boat took 3 guys inshore fishing out of Riu Guanacaste, they released one roosterfish and 3 dorados.
Papagayo inshore fishing - April 22-23,
Jesus Mendez the Cormoran boat captain took a couple inshore fishing out of Riu Guanacaste. On April 22 they was not lucky with inshore species; however, they released a 200 pounds blue marlin and a sail fish. On April 23, also, fishing inshore released 2 sail fish and caught 4 dorados.
Papagayo inshore fishing Charters- April 20,
- Jose Mendez, the Bahamas boat captain took a couple inshore fishing in the gulf. They caught two dorados and released one sail.
Papagayo inshore fishing - April 18-19,
Jesus Mendez the Cormoran boat took Mr. Bill Descher and his son billfishing out of Playa Conchal in gulf of Papagayo.. here the fishing report from Mr. Descher:
"Had great time on Cormoran fishing with Jesus and Luis. They both worked really hard to get us on some fish. Caught my first marlin ever and they thought it was in the 300 pound range! My 9 year old son caught his first sailfish ever and we landed plenty of mahi mahi as well. If we ever make it back to your area I will definitely fish with you again and I will recommend your charter service to any friends visiting Costa Rica.
Thanks for the trip and the memories,
Playa Flamingo offshore fishing - April 13,
in a last minute booking, Chuck book our LA CHILA-G boat a day before for his family. He wanted to catch some fish, does not matter what but some fish. They had a nice days and rised 5 sailfish and a marlin and released 4 sails. Howerver, the charter ended 2 hours before due on of their daughter got seasickness. Seas conditions has been really nice lately; this is the transition month between dry season (windy) and rainy season; so, you have to expect flat seas and no rainy at all.
Playa Hermosa deep sea fishing - April 11,
Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Mark Hijak fishing out of Villa Sol in Playa Hermosa. They had a busy day, raised 3 marlin and released 2 of them, they also raised two sailfish and landed one of them.
Fishing out of JW Marriott Guanacaste - April 08 ,
Rob Gluckman and his wife were fishing aboard LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They leave out of Flamingo beach and headed to the gulf of Papagayo for a deep sea fishing day. They landed a sail and a 200lbs black marlin.
Riu Guanacaste offshore fishing - March 25,
Kevin Barry and couple of friends were fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat on March 25. They headed out of gulf of Papagayo deep sea fishing and caught some dorados, the crew cleaned and made fillets, Kevin brought back the fishg to the hotel and the fish was cooked for their dinner. They also released two very good sized sailfish.
Deep sea fishing out of Playa Flamingo - March 14,
On March 14, Nelson Mendez, the Tuna Fish captain a group of friends offshore fishing out of Catalinas islands. By the end of the day they had released a 300lbs marlin.
Fishing out of Playa Conchal - March 09,
Nelson Mendez, the Tuna Fish captain took 4 guys from Playa Conchal fishing offshore. Was not a lucky day for deep sea fishing; however, they had good time fishing inshore and caught a very good sized cubera snapper.
Papagayo Fishing - February 13,
Offshore charters seems to be better right now and we will have more actions fishing offshore.
On Tuesday, February 8, our CORMORAN boat was fishing offshore and caught 2 dorados and released a sail. La Chila-g was fishing offshore on Thursday and they hooked two marlins and released one. They also caught 2 dorados and one yellowfin.
we had good inshore fishing in months December and January. Offshore charter were good for dorado and yellowfin, sometimes wahoo but very few marlins and sails. Inshore fishing we caught red snapper and grouppers.
deep sea fishing has been a little inconsistent lately, while one day could be a nice and busy day like the one Jennifer had, other could be bored and not productive day. Inshore has been a little more consistent, groupper has been biting and as usually, rooster.
Playa Flamingo Fishing - November 27,
- Jennifer Alvarez and 3 more people were deep sea fishing out of Playa Flamingo aboard our LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They raised 3 marlins, one of black marlins broke the line and two more were released, one black and one striped.
Papagayo inshore fishing - November 19,
- Antonio Venezia and his friends where fishing with us out of Allegro Papagayo resort. They released a nice rooster, caught a big jack jurel and other inshore fishes.