Fishing Reports between May and June 2011Inshore / Offshore fishing charter on - June 26
Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G boat captain took a family of 5 from Villa Sol for full day inshore / offshore fishing in Papagayo region. They were fishing offshore in the morning and released one sail and caught a dorado, at 11am they changed and started to fish inshore and released 2 roosterfish and 2 jack jurel.
First Billfish Tournament in Marina Papagayo starts June 23, 2011
Tomorrow will starts billfishing tournament in the Marina gulf of Papagayo. Boats have been fishing out of Catalinas islands where sailfish action is reporting. Seas conditions are really really nice lately, flat seas and not windy conditions at all; just maybe a scattered showers in the afternoon, you know it is rainy season, right?. With boats ready to go tomorrow morning and biting as good as reported, this tournament promise a high number of sailfish released in the first day. There are a few boats from Marina Los Suenos here in Marina Papagayo and will participe in the tournament. Yesterday, boats reports is: Sea Angel a 63ft from Marina Los Suenos 25 sails released, Plautus, a 42ft from Marina Papagayo released 8, Sarah a 64ft from Papagayo released 8, Fish Tail II from Papagayo released 6 and so on.....
Good sailfish biting in Papagayo - June 22
The Maloy party from the Riu Guanacaste were deep sea fishing out of Catalinas islands in the gulf of Papagayo aboard LA CHILA boat. They released 6 sailfish and caught one dorado.
Deep sea fishing in Papagayo on June 15-16
As i reported before, offshore fishing is hot right now, with good sail and marlin biting. Inshore is good also for rooster, dorados and jacks.
- The Fling family from the Riu Guanacaste were deep sea fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo as captain. They had a nice day releasing a 500 plus pounder black marlin, 2 sailfish and also caught 4 yellowfin tuna.
- Kip Laurence, his 3 of 4 days of fishing with us. Today was his second deep sea fishing day aboard the CORMORAN boat. He released 2 sailfish.
- On June 15, Larry Riggan and two more people were deep sea fishing aboard the CORMORAN boat. They released 4 sailfish and one black marlin.
Deep sea fishing in Guanacaste on June 14
Today seas conditions were a little rough, some unusual windy conditions in this frame time of the year; however, boats were deep sea fishing with a good success.
- A couple from the Hilton Papagayo, Tracy Cyree and her husband were deep sea fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat. They released a good sized Black, 350plus pounds, a second 200plus pounds black marlin, also released 3 very good sized sailfish, they also caught one dorado and one yellowfin for fresh sashimi and a cold beer aboard while fishing.
- The Cormoran boat also was deep sea fishing with less succes on billfishing; however, they caught 4 dorados.
- David Mendell and his wife from the Four Seasons resort were deep sea fishing aboard the Albacoras boat. They released a 250 black marlin and one sailfish.
Fishing lately - June 13
Boats/captains report good sail biting out of Flamingo/Tamarindo, around one hour boats running time.
- On June 11, Kip Laurence from the Riu guanacaste was fishing aboard our CORMORAN boat and released 4 sails and caugth one dorado.
- Kenneth Kristensen was fishing aboard LA CHILA-G and released one sail and caught one dorado.
Inshore Fishing out of Playa del Coco on June 10
- our friend Glenn Jackson and his family were inshore fishing with us aboard the CORMORAN boat. They had a fantastic day roosterfishing, his son was the lucky guy who released the bigger roosterfish.
Inshore / offshore charter on June 09
- Arnaldo Mendez aboard the LA CHILA-G boat took Albert Mouroa fishing out of Flamingo beach. They were offshore fishing in the morning and released one sail and fishing inshore in the afternoon and relsead 6 roosterfish.
Roosterfishing fest in June 07
ROOSTER AND MAHI - MAHI FISHING HAS BEEN HOT LATELY.
- Arnaldo aboard LA CHILA-G and Grevin Mendez on the BAHAMAS boat took different groups from Riu Guanacaste and Playa del Coco roosterfishing in gulf of Papagayo. They had a blast and released 6 rooster total and 10 dorados.
Roosterfishing charter on late May
- Jose Mendez, the BAHAMAS boat captain took Scott Jek inshore fishing for last two days in May (30-31) and for June 1-3. This guy was fishing inshore for rooster and dorado. He released 5 good sized roosterfish and a bunch of other fishes including dorado what is hot biting lately.
Fishing out of Riu Guanacate on May 30
- Jim Smith and his family were fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat in the gulf of Papagayo. They caught 4 dorados and released one sailfish.
Westin Playa Conchal Fishing Charter on May 28
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G boat captain took a couple fishing out of the new Westin Playa Conchal resort (the old Paradisus Playa Conchal). They had a busy day and caught all species they wanted: caught 10 dorados, a roosterfish and a nice sailfish; many different species in the same day.
Papagayo Rooster fishing charter on May 26
- This was the second charter for Rick Dudle party. Fishing aboard LA CHILA boat and leaving out of Riu Guanacaste resort. They caught one dorado, two jack jurel and a nice roosterfish.
- John Lee and his wife were roosterfishing for a half day charter aboard our ALBATRES boat and Greivin Mendez captain. They released the above nice roosterfish.
Papagayo Fishing on May 24
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Rick Dudley and Rod Hammer offshore fishing out of Riu Guanacaste. Rod Hammer landed a sail and the other caught 3 dorados.
Actual weather conditions in Guanacaste - May 24
Weather has changed recently; there are more rains here in the Papagayo and Tamarindo regions, mainly in the afternoon and forecast for next days are similar along the country. Until now, the weather, here in Guanacaste was hot and dry, similar to dry season, but with scattered showers in some regions. But now, it has changed a little and we have to expect more rains, not so hot temperature and less sunny days.
Fishing out of Playa del Coco on May 21
- Lino Guido aboard the CORMORAN boat took Jonathan Spurrier and 2 more friends from Tamarindo fishing some spots near the Bat Islands, here is action right now. These guys got Playa del Coco; so, we could took them fishing to some spots near the Bat Islands. They released 3 good sized roosterfish, one sailfish and caught 10 dorados.
Fishing out of Hilton Papagayo on May 20
- Jeff McMahan and 3 more people from the Hilton Papagyao where fishing aboard LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They where fishing inshore for rooster and released 2 of them and later released a sail and caught one dorado for dinner.
Fishing Reports on May 17th
Captains have been reporting sails and mahi mahi fishing offshore. Inshore, rooster and dorado also. Both fishing in the gulf of Papagayo, fishing off Tamarindo has been a little slow.
Below, there are a few reports from some boats; however, many others were fishing too with good success.
Papagayo inshore fishing on May 16
- two people fishing out of Riu Guanacaste were fishing aboard LA CHILA-G for a half day. They released this nice sailfish and caught 4 dorados.
- four people were inshore fishing aboard our CORMORAN boat. They released 2 roosterfish and caught 3 dorados.
- Jairo, the Ryan Lindy captain took Louis Otto and some friends offshore fishing in Papagayo. They released one sail and caught 3 dorados.
Playa del Coco offshore fishing on May 15:
- This time Jairo Contreras, the Ryan Lindy captain took Lester Giordano offshore fishing for a full day. They raised 6 sails and landed 3 of them.
- Nelson Mendez, the Tuna Fish captain, took 4 guys fishing out of Flamingo beach. They fished in the gulf of Papagayo and released 6 sailfish.
Fishing out of Riu Guanacaste on May 14:
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA captain, took William Hart from the Riu Guanacaste resort fishing offshore for a full day. They released 3 sails and caught one jack jurel.
- Four guys from the Riu Guanacaste were fishing aboard our Cormoran boat for a full day and caught 4 dorados.
Playa Hermosa fishing on May 11th:
Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA boat captain took a family fishing out of Playa Hermosa. They wanted to catch dorado but landed a 200 plus pounds blue marlin and had to comeback at noon due one of the got seasickness