Fishing May and June 2011
Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G boat captain took a family of 5 from Villa Sol for full day inshore / offshore fishing in Papagayo region. They were fishing offshore in the morning and released one sail and caught a dorado, at 11am they changed and started to fish inshore and released 2 roosterfish and 2 jack jurel.
The Maloy party from the Riu Guanacaste were deep sea fishing out of Catalinas islands in the gulf of Papagayo aboard LA CHILA boat. They released 6 sailfish and caught one dorado.
As i reported before, offshore fishing is hot right now, with good sail and marlin biting. Inshore is good also for rooster, dorados and jacks.
- Kip Laurence, his 3 of 4 days of fishing with us. Today was his second deep sea fishing day aboard the CORMORAN boat. He released 2 sailfish.
- The Fling family from the Riu Guanacaste were deep sea fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo as captain. They had a nice day releasing a 500 plus pounder black marlin, 2 sailfish and also caught 4 yellowfin tuna.
Larry Riggan and two more people were deep sea fishing aboard the CORMORAN boat. They released 4 sailfish and one black marlin.
Today seas conditions were a little rough, some unusual windy conditions in this frame time of the year; however, boats were deep sea fishing with a good success.
- A couple from the Hilton Papagayo, Tracy Cyree and her husband were deep sea fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat. They released a good sized Black, 350plus pounds, a second 200plus pounds black marlin, also released 3 very good sized sailfish, they also caught one dorado and one yellowfin for fresh sashimi and a cold beer aboard while fishing.
- The Cormoran boat also was deep sea fishing with less succes on billfishing; however, they caught 4 dorados.
- David Mendell and his wife from the Four Seasons resort were deep sea fishing aboard the Albacoras boat. They released a 250 black marlin and one sailfish.
Kip Laurence from the Riu guanacaste was fishing aboard our CORMORAN boat and released 4 sails and caugth one dorado.
- Kenneth Kristensen was fishing aboard LA CHILA-G and released one sail and caught one dorado.
- our friend Glenn Jackson and his family were inshore fishing with us aboard the CORMORAN boat. They had a fantastic day roosterfishing, his son was the lucky guy who released the bigger roosterfish.
- Arnaldo Mendez aboard the LA CHILA-G boat took Albert Mouroa fishing out of Flamingo beach. They were offshore fishing in the morning and released one sail and fishing inshore in the afternoon and relsead 6 roosterfish.
- Arnaldo aboard LA CHILA-G and Grevin Mendez on the BAHAMAS boat took different groups from Riu Guanacaste and Playa del Coco roosterfishing in gulf of Papagayo. They had a blast and released 6 rooster total and 10 dorados.
- Jose Mendez, the BAHAMAS boat captain took Scott Jek inshore fishing for last two days in May (30-31) and for June 1-3. This guy was fishing inshore for rooster and dorado. He released 5 good sized roosterfish and a bunch of other fishes including dorado what is hot biting lately.
- Jim Smith and his family were fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat in the gulf of Papagayo. They caught 4 dorados and released one sailfish.
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G boat captain took a couple fishing out of the new Westin Playa Conchal resort (the old Paradisus Playa Conchal). They had a busy day and caught all species they wanted: caught 10 dorados, a roosterfish and a nice sailfish; many different species in the same day.
- This was the second charter for Rick Dudle party. Fishing aboard LA CHILA boat and leaving out of Riu Guanacaste resort. They caught one dorado, two jack jurel and a nice roosterfish.
- John Lee and his wife were roosterfishing for a half day charter aboard our ALBATRES boat and Greivin Mendez captain. They released the above nice roosterfish.
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Rick Dudley and Rod Hammer offshore fishing out of Riu Guanacaste. Rod Hammer landed a sail and the other caught 3 dorados.
- Jeff McMahan and 3 more people from the Hilton Papagyao where fishing aboard LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They where fishing inshore for rooster and released 2 of them and later released a sail and caught one dorado for dinner.
- two people fishing out of Riu Guanacaste were fishing aboard LA CHILA-G for a half day. They released this nice sailfish and caught 4 dorados.
- four people were inshore fishing aboard our CORMORAN boat. They released 2 roosterfish and caught 3 dorados.
- Jairo, the Ryan Lindy captain took Louis Otto and some friends offshore fishing in Papagayo. They released one sail and caught 3 dorados.
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA captain, took William Hart from the Riu Guanacaste resort fishing offshore for a full day. They released 3 sails and caught one jack jurel.
Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA boat captain took a family fishing out of Playa Hermosa. They wanted to catch dorado but landed a 200 plus pounds blue marlin and had to comeback at noon due one of the got seasickness