Fishing Reports from July 2011 until May 2012
Now we are in the transition month between rainy season and dry season. We have had very good seas conditions, calms seas, very few rains, a lot of sun and not wind at all; so, it is perfect to go out there and target for a sail or a big roosterfish.
- Steve Saunders and 3 more friends from the Riu Guanacaste were fishing for a full day aboard the MONO boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They did deep sea fishing in the morning and released a sail; later, came to the shore and released two roosterfish and other bunch of inshore fishes. As you can see in the pics below, seas conditions are perfect to be fishing, no matter where offshore or inshore!!!!
- Also, this day, Gimbo, the Albacoras captain took a couple from the Riu Guanacaste deep sea fishing. They fished offshore all day long and released 3 sailfish.
- On November 9th, Craig Homes and his friend were fishing aboard the MONO boat. They tried a few ours offshore with no success; so, they came to the shore and caught a nice roosterfish and a couple of jacks.
- Fishing out of Coco beach, Brian Steven and two more friends went inshore fishing for a full day. They had a nice day and released 5 very good sized roosterfish.
Fishing out of Occidental Grand Papagayo on October 19th
After a little more than a week of bad seas conditions we had the first inshore charter on Wednesday, October 19th. Jose Mendez, the Bahamas boat captain took Ric Cheryl and his son inshore rooster fishing for a full day. Seas conditions were pretty good and rooster bitting too, they released two good sized roosterfish show in the pics below.
Papagayo weather conditions between October 10th until October 18th
We had a little more than one week with a terrible bad weather, very bad seas conditions and a lot of rains. There was a tropical storm in front of Honduras in the Pacific and it shacked all water round here. Close to the shore, here in Papagayo, waves were as high as 12-15 feet and we needed to move our boats from Coco beach to Bahia Culebra. There was a lot of rain everyday; however it was not the problem but the seas conditions. Now, the conditions are normal and we have again 4ft waves and scattered showers along the day (we are in the green season). Of course, nobody were fishing on those days; however, today, October 19th some boats leave early morning.
Fishing on October 7th
- Travis Hardegree and 7 more people were deep sea fishing aboard the TUNA FISH and DREAM ON boats. The people aboard the TUNA-FISH has a slow day and caught only one dorado, the people aboard the DREAM ON released 3 sails and caught one dorado too.
Fishing out of Hilton Papagayo
As you can see in the pics below, seas conditions are really really good here in Papagayo/Guanacaste region. A few rains sometimes in the afternoon/night and no wind at all makes seas conditions special for both: inshore and offshore charters.
- A couple from the Hilton Papagayo was inshroe fishing aboard Albatres boat and Jose Mendez captain. They released a nice roosterfish and caught one yellowfin tuna.
Inshore Fishing on late September
- Greg Shauhi and his wife were inshore fishing with us for 3 days aboard the BAHAMAS boat and Jose Mendez captain.. The first day, he get here at 12:30pm; so, we leave at 2:00pm. This guy wanted to fish for whatever was biting but he wanted to fish jigging.
- The First day, on September 22nd he only caught one jack jurel.
- The second day, on September 24th we departed early in the morning for a full day. This day he had a little more time to fish; so, the day was a little more productive. He released 2 very good sized roosterfish and two jack jurel.
- The third day, on September 25th we departed early in the morning but for a half a day. This time we find a yellwfin school near in the gulf of Papagayo. This guy is an expert jigging, he caught 8 yellowfin tunas and 20 jack jurels. It was a very productive day.
WEATHER in Papagayo: Seas conditions has been really nice, with sunny mornings and no wind at all; however, you have to expect some showers in the afternoon.
- This time, Bryan Moore and his wife Heidi Moore were inshore fishing 40 miles out of Hilton papagayo aboard the MONO boat. They had a nice day and released a 60 plus pounds roosterfish, a 20 pounds wahoo, one bull dorado and one yellowfin tuna for sushime.
Fishing out of Hilton Papagayo resort on September 8th
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Harold Wixson and his wife deep sea fishing in the gulf of Papagayo, 15 miles out of Catalinas islands. They released one sail and caught one dorado.
- In their first day, Bryan Moore and his wife were fishing offshore aboard our MONO boat. They only caught a 40 plus pounds dorado.
- The Erle Field's party were deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Papagayo aboard the CORMORAN boat. They released one sail and caught two dorados.
Allison Wang husband from the Riu Guanacaste was offshore fishing with us aboard LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. He released 3 sails.
Boats have been fishing offshore with good success for sail and dorados; sometimes marlin.
Arnaldo Mendez, took a family deep sea fishing out of Four Seasons Papagayo. There were fishing 20 miles off Catalinas islands, here is where sails have been biting lately. They released 4 sails and caught one dorado for dinner.
- Arnaldo Mendez, LA CHILA-G captain, took 6 guys (the William Krall party) deep sea fishing in the gulf of Papagayo. They released 4 sailfish and caught 2 dorados.
- The MONO boat fished this time out of Flamingo beach with Rick Pennell and his two sons. They were deep sea fishing and released 3 sails, also caught two dorados.
- The Harms group aboard LA CHILA-G were inshore fishing this time. They caught a bunch of different inshore species, including rooster, dorado, jurel, bonitos and others.
- The Harms group were deep sea fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They released 4 sails and caught 2 dorados.
- Billy Summer and 5 more people from Playa Hermosa were deep sea fishing aboard our LA CHILA-G boat. Arnaldo Mendez, the captain, reported 7 sails landed.
- Odir Gutierrez, the CORMORAN boat captain, took a couple from Playa del Coco and released 3 sails and caught 3 groupper bottom fishing.
- Van Webb and his wife from the Grand Papagayo resort were deep sea fishing aboard the CORMORAN boat. Odir Gutierrez, the captain, reported 7 sailfish released.
- Dan Shore and 3 more people were fishing for a half day aboard our MONO boat. They released two very good sized roosterfish.
- Roel Trevino and 2 friends were deep fishing aboard the TUNA FISH, they released two sailfish and caught 2 dorados.
- Ralph Diamond and two more people were deep sea fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat and released one sailfish.
Fishing Inshore and Offshore on late July
Fishing has been good for both inshore and offshore. Boats captain report sails and dorado, some marlins fishing offshore, while inshore fishing they report roosterfish, smaller dorado, jacks and other inshore species.
- Shannon Emery and his wife from the Riu Guanacaste has been fishing with us for two offshore days and they released 3 sailfish and 2 yellowfin tuna. Tomorrow is their last charter, half day inshore fishing for roosterfish.
- Jeff Friedland and his wife charters:
-*- In their first day of fishing offshore, on July 26 aboard the CORMORAN boat and Odir Gutierrez captain, they released a nice 100 pounder sailfish.
-*- On July 28th they were inshore fishing aboard the Bahamas boat and Jose Mendez captain, they ended the day with 4 roosterfish released.
-*- On July 29th they made a 6 hours charter aboard the Bahamas boat again, the were on one of 3 roosterfish and caught a jack jurel.
-*- In their last day on July 31st, they were offshore aboard the CORMORAN again and released 5 sailfish and caught a BULL dorado show on two pics.
This couple had a nice experience and promice comeback next year.
-*- Jeff send us a nice pic from his last charter to Alaska, thanks Jeff, very very nice Halibuts.