Guanacaste Fishing Reports on May 2012
On May 25,
The couple below was fishing inshore on board the Wahoo boat and Lino Guido captain. They released one sailfish, caught the yellowfin tuna shown on the pic and also caught 8 dorados.
On May 24,
The Bob Duprey group were inshore fishing for a half day on board LA CHILA-G boat again and released a bunch of small dorados.
On May 23,
Bob Duprey and 3 more friends were deep sea fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a blue marlin on the line; however, it broke the line, also raised 6 sails and released 4 sailfish and caught one wahoo.
On May 22,
Joshua Brannan, his wife and one more couple were inshore fishing on board the Sea Snake near Playa Huevos here in Papagayo. They had a nice morning fishing for roosterfish, they released 5 small roosters. At noon, the were dropped off at Playa Huevos and had a few minutes sight seeing at the cave and some racoons at the beach. In the afternoon they were fishing for dorado and caught 4 of them and bring home for dinner.
On May 17,
BAIT EVERYWHERE and EXCELLENT SEAS CONDITIONS!!!
yes, right now there are a wonderfull quantity of bait, mainly small dorado, everywhere in the gulf of Papagayo. This is the reason why small boats, fishing inshore, have been releasing sails and marlin very close to the shore.
- A couple from the Hilton Papagayo - Mark Grundy and his wife - were inshore fishing on board our BAHAMAS boat and Jose Mendez captain. On a full day charter they released one sailfish, one roosterfish and 15 small dorados. Wednesday, May 16, 2012
The rainy season is here, it starts in May and will finish in early November. By now, some showers in the afternoon; flat seas and not windy conditions make weather conditions for fish: EXCELLENT!!!.
Many inshore species are cought with good success: rooster, big goliath fish, hamberjack, small dorado and others. Right now we have had some blue marlin and sailfish, also big dorado and wahoo.
On May 15,
In their second fishing day, Jordan Moss and his son were deep sea fishing on board our LA CHILA-G boat. They raised two blue marlins and released one, also released one sailfish and caught 2 dorados.
On May 14,
- Jordan Moss (father and son) were inshore fishing on board the ALBATRES boat. We left from Playa del Coco and fished in the gulf near Las Varas and Respingue points. They released 3 small roosterfish and one dorado.
- Three people fished out of Grand Papagayo on board our Wahoo boat. They fished full day inshore and had a good time and busy day. They released one sailfish, one rooster and caught 8 small dorados.
- A group of 3 people from the Riu Guanacaste were fishing inshore on board the CORMORAN boat. They had a busy day and caught: one 40 pounds wahoo, 4 goliath fish (20-40pounds), one hamberjack and one dorado.
On May 13,
- Tana Marie and her husband (just married couple) where inshore fishing for a half day. They wanted to leave at noon and fish in the afternoon. They had a good time fishing on board the Sea Snake releasing 3 roosterfish.
- A couple were fishing on board the CORMORAN boat. They booked a full day and fished half day inshore and half day offshore. Released one sailfish, one hamberjack, one cubera and 2 goliath fish.