Reports between August 2012 and March 2013
on March 20, 2013
- Lisa Penner and his husband were fishing with us on board our MONO boat. They had a nice day and caught a few dorados/mahi-mahi in the gulf of Papagayo, near the Bat islands.
Forecast for Papagayo on February 15, 2013
Low windy condition in Papagayo/Flamingo/Tamarindo regions of Guanacaste in the northern corner of Costa Rica. The pic below show how the weather looks like for these days. It is not common since it is the windy season; however, we have had good conditions for fishing.
On February 12 and 14, 2013
The Robert Perez group staying at the Grand Papagayo resort were inshore/roosterfishing fishing with us on board LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. The pics below show two good sized roosterfish they released plus other inshore species such as hamberjack and others.
On January 24,
We have had good weather conditions in Papagayo, Guanacaste. A few windy days, however, excellent fishing conditions right now and good fishing for both: inshore and offshore.
- Kennet Pucel and his 7 years old son from the Riu Guanacaste hotel were deep sea fishing on board the LA CHLA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They landed this 250 pounds blue marlin.
On January 19,
- Bonnie Whaley and 5 more friends where inshore fishing for a half a day out of the Riu Palace Costa Rica. They had a busy few hours of fishing, released this nice rooster, caught 2 jack jurel and 3 bonitos.
Weather conditions - January 15, 2013
i know this is the windy season in Costa Rica and some kind of windy conditions are expected as in past years; however, for some unknown reason, we have had very low windy conditions this year, therefore, excellent conditions for fishing: not at all or very low winds, very good water temperature, clear waters and good fishing for both: inshore and offshore. When fishing offshore, captains are reporting sails, big dorado and striped and black marlins. Fishing inshore has been good for roosterfish, jacks, tunas and other inshore species.
On January 14,
- Bruce Bolasny and his wife, from the Westing Playa Conchal, were deep sea fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. The weather conditions were fantastic and also the fishing. They raised 5 sails and landed 3, also caught 4 big sized dorados.
- Sibila Munoz and his boyfriend were deep sea fishing out of Playa Conchal on board the BRINDISI 37 boat. They released 3 sails can caught 4 dorados.
- Adolfo Mendez, on board the CORMORAN boat, were deep sea fishing with a couple from the Riu Guanacaste. They released a nice stripped marlin, one sailfish and caught two dorados.
On January 10,
John Gidzinski and his wife, from the Riu Guanacaste hotel, were deep sea fishing on board the MONO boat. They landed a stripped marlin and 4 bonitos. Unfortunately, the only pic we have from the marlin is the one shown below.
On November 19,
- Wes Davison and his family, from the Flamingo Beach Resort, were deep sea fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat.They had a nice day and landed 2 sailfish and caught 4 dorados.
On August 23,
Lindsay McAlpin and her husband leaving from Westin Playa Conchal were deep sea fishing on board the LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a fantastic day landing 6 sailfish, one blue marlin and caught one bull dorado.
On August 21,
We picked Lorenzo Fusco up from Flamingo beach and took him deep sea fishing in front of Tamarindo beach on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. This guy had a busy day, we raised 10 sails and two marlin. One of the marlins broke the line... we had no lucky marlin fishing; however, we released 4 sails and caught 2 bull dorados.
Nelson Mendez, the Dream On captain took a group of 4 people inshore fishing to Playa Blanca. They had a nice day and caught 3 big dorados, one big roosterfish and 4 wahoos.
Robert Willis was inshore fishing on board the BAHAMAS boat. The weather is pretty nice, flat seas, no windy conditions and scattered showers mainly in the afternooon; so, they decided to reach some fishing spots near the Bat Islands. Today main catch was the very good sized roosterfish shown below. They also caugth a bunch of other fishes.
On August 20,
We picked Teremce Mcfwgenw From Playa Flamingo beach, he and two more people traveled from JW Marriott to meet our LA CHILA-G boat here. We headed North, some fishing spots near the Bat islands. They landed a sailfish, caught 3 dorados and 5 wahoos.
On August 14,
Brady Tarrant group were fishing out of Grand Papagayo on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They caught 5 wahoo, 2 dorados, one roosterfish and landed one sailfish.
On August 8,
Joe Patrykus was deep sea fishing out of Playa del Coco on board the WAHOO boat and Lino Guido captain. They reached offshore spots out of Catalinas islands, near Flamingo beach and released two sailfish.