Reports for April and May 2013
On May 29, 2013
- Ben Luckert and his wife were fishing on board our SEA SNAKE boat for a half a day inshore fishing. They had a nice day and released two sailfish and caught 3 dorados and 3 small bonitos.
- Jesus Mendez, on board the CORMORAN boat, took 3 guys fishing out of Riu Guanacaste for a full day. They raised 3 sails and landed two of them, also caught 3 dorados and a lot of bonitos.
On May 28, 2013
Right now fishing is very close to the shore; yes, i am talking about sail/marlin and mahi fishing. Each year, for a few weeks, billfish come to shore after big school of small dorado and bonitos that come to the gulf; so, action take place very close to us, short boat running, just 20 or 25 minutes and we can start trolling.
- Today, The Ron Shepperd group wanted to make the last trip for a half a day and booked our CORMORAN boat and the TUNA FISH. There were 4 guys on board each vessel and were fishing inshore, near the same spots they were yesterday. They released 2 sailfish on each boat and caught 5 dorados.
- Arnaldo Mendez, the LA CHILA-G captain took the Mark Blaer group from the Riu Palace hotel for a 6 hours trip. They a nice time and raised 6 sailfish, landed 4 of them and had time for 2 small roostefish too.
On May 27, 2013
- The Ron Shepperd group from the Riu Guanacaste hotel was fishing on board LA CHILA-G and CORMORAN for a 6 hours trip both. They had a nice day landing: 4 sailfish the guys on board the CORMORAN and 4 sails on LA CHILA-G, also caught a few dorados and a few bonitos.
and the weather...well, you can see in the pic below, it is perfect, no windy conditions and no showers, calm seas and sail, dorado, rooster and other species are biting!!!
On May 25, 2013
- Trey Allen and his wife, from the Four Seasons Resort, were deep sea fishing (and snorkeling) on board the MONO boat and Jesus Mendez captian. They had a nice day fishing in the gulf of Papagayo, raised 5 sails and released 3 of them. Also, they had time to practice snorkeling in Playa Huevos.
On May 24, 2013
- The Ron Shepperd group, a large party of 16 people were fishing out of Riu Guanacaste on board the T-BOAT, the 44ft Hatteras, the BRINDISI 37 and LA CHILA-G. People on board the two larger boats had a nice day but no sails landed, just a few dorados; however, the group on bord LA CHILA-G had a bussy 6 hours trip. They released one saifish, caught 4 dorados, a very good size hamberjack, a cubera snapper, a roosterfish and a lot of bonitos.
On May 18, 2013
- Thimoty Fields and two more friends from the Riu Guanacate hotel were deep sea fishing on board the CORMORAN boat. They had a nice day and landed a sailfish and 4 mahi mahi.
On May 5 and 6, 2013
Starting May fishing get better here in our region, including gulf of Papagayo, Flamingo and Tamrindo, sails and marlins come to the gulf after the schools of small dorados and bonitos that can be found in the gulf of Papagayo.
- Armando Muniz and his wife, Anna Marie Muniz, where fishing with us on board our LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They caught different species and i would like to share some nice pics we took in those two days.
Fishing on April 18, 2013
- Jesus Mendez, on board the CORMORAN boat took the same guy that was fishing on board LA CHILA-G two days ago, but now, he wanted to go inshore fishign for a half a day. Lucky guy fishing offshore and now lucky fishing inshore since here released 5 roosterfish.
- Robert Cahill and his party, from the Riu Palace Costa Rica where inshore/offshore fishing on a full day charter on board the MONO boat. They landed a nice 250lbs blue marlin, one small roosterfish and othe bunch of inshore species.
Papagayo offshore fishing, on April 16, 2013
It is getting better!!!
- This time, Jesus Mendez, on board the CORMORAN boat took Paul Mariscal, his father and his son. The 3 of them were offshore fishing out of Playa del Coco. They had a nice day and landed 5 sailfish.
- Also, Arnaldo Mendez, on board LA CHILA-G boat took a guy from the the Riu Guanacaste hotel fishing offshore for a full day charter. They had a lot of sails raised and released 9 of them and also a big dorado.
Papagayo offshore and inshore fishing, on April 14, 2013
Captains have been reporting good offshore fishing. Rains are coming, fishing is improving and we hope it gets better with more species to catch such as wahoo and yellowfin.
- Tom Janukowicz who was staying at the Four Seasons Papagayo had a busy day fishing on board our LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez as captain. They were fishing near the Bat islands and released 8 small roosterfish, 2 good sized hamberjacks and 2 big jack jurel.
- Bill Lloyd and two more friends were fishing out of the Riu Guancaste hotel on board our CORMORAN boat. They have a excellent offshore fishing day and landed 8 sailfish and one blue marlin.
Fishing offshore out of Playa Conchal on April 13, 2013
- The Crystal Schmidth group was fishing offshore out of Playa Conchal on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez catpain. They had a nice day and raised 9 sails and landed 4 of them.