Reports for June and July 2013
On July 31, 2013
Cliff Jones and his wife were inshore fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They were fishing near the Bat islands and released 4 roosterfish and also caught two wahoo, two dorados and other inshore species.
On July 30, 2013
Arnaldo Mendez, on board the LA CHILA-G boat took a couple from the Allegro Papagayo hotel deep sea fishing and caught 4 dorados, 2 yellowfin and also released 2 sailfish.
On July 25, 2013
Jussi Saarinen and his son were inshore fishing with us for a few days on board the Bahamas boat and Jose Mendez captain. They like to cast more than trolling; so, we took them to some spots near the Bat islands, Playa Blanca and farther. They caught a bunch of different species including jacks, mackarel, cubera snapper, roosterfish and others.
On July 22, 2013
- More inshore fishing reports, this time Arnaldo Mendez, on board LA CHILA-G boat took the party of Garry Brunton for a full day charter. They had a nice day and caught different species fishing inshore.
On July 18, 2013
- The Steve Lee group from the Riu Guanacaste resort was fishing with us today on board LA CHILA-G boat. They were fishing half day offshore and half day in shore on a full day charter. Raised 3 sailfish and landed two of them, also, caught 2 cubera snapper, 2 dorados and 4 good sized roosterfish.
On July 15-16, 2013
Ok, right now weather is fantastic, no showers lately since this is the Veranillo de San Juan, which is 15-21 days phenomenon that stop rains and since it is not the windy season we have excellent conditions for fishing. And fishing, well, it has been nice, last week we were fishing of Catalinas islands/Flamingo region and we caught sailfish and big dorado. Captain Frank Berrocal on board the Coyote 3 reported one 300 lbs marlin, a sailfish and couple of dorados fishing of Tamarindo. Other boats reported more sailfish fishing at North of Catalinas.
Lately, we have been fishing very close to the shore, just 25-30 minutes boat running from Playa del Coco, Hermosa, Riu hotels and others spots for both: offshore and inshore. Yesterday, Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN reported 7 sailfish released and also caught a couple of dorados just 30 minutes of Playa del Coco. Adrian Mendez was for a half a day on board the Sea Snake boat and released one sailfish and also caught 3 jack jurel. Today, Arnaldo Mendez on board LA CHILA-G landed 2 sails, also caught 4 jack jurel, a lot of bonitos and 3 dorados.
On July 16th, Jesus Mendez, took Gary Tobiczyk and his son on board the Cormoran deep sea fishing and landed a 300 lbs marlin and also caught 2 dorados and some jacks too.
On July 12, 2013
John Kelley and his wife were deep sea fishing with us on board our Cormoran boat. Thy had a great time fishing with us and here a couple of pics from their fishing charter:
On June 27, 2013
- We picked up a group of 12 people from Playa del Coco; they booked LA CHILA-G for full day and the CORMORAN for a 6 hours. There were 6 adults and 6 kids on the group. The group on board the CORMORAN boat wanted to fishing near the shore and they made the right choice, since released 3 sailfish and caught for 3 dorados and 3 jack jurel. The group on board LA CHILA-G wanted to go offshore and had a bad day; they caught nothing.
This is fishing ... who would say that fishing inshore would be better to catch a sailfish than reach offshore spots?
- In other hand, on his second day, the Lott couple (Andrew and Kate) were inshore fishing on board the BAHAMAS boat and ... the Andrew dream came true, he released a nice 50 lbs roosterfish.
On June 25, 2013
- Andrew Lott and his wife Kate Lott, from the Westin Playa Conchal hotel were deep sea fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They raised 5 sailfish and landed 3 of them, also caught 3 dorados and released a 200pounds Black Marlin.
- Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat picked up a group of 5 guys from the Riu Guanacaste and took them deep sea fishing. They had a nice day and landed a sailfish each one, 5 sailfish released total and caught 5 dorados.
On June 21, 2013
- Arnaldo Mendez, LA CHILA-G captain picked the Santangelo family up from the beach in front of the Riu Guanacaste hotel at 7:30am and took them for a full day fishing charter. In the morning they were deep sea fishing and released 2 sails and caught a few small dorados; in the afternoon they were inshore fishing and caught 4 jack jurel, one hamberjack and a few bonitos.
On June 19, 2013
- Chris Stees and his wifer were deep sea fishing on board our LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a nice day and fishing offshore and released two sailfish and a few dorados.
On June 13, 2013
- Francisco Higueras and his wife were deep sea fishing on board the CORMORAN boat and released the sailfish on the pic.