Reports for August - September and October 2013
Fishing October 28 and 29, 2012.
A little more than a year ago, we went fishing with Tom Roibal and his son Joe. They sent us the 3 pics below.
We are now in the transition between rainy season and dry season; so, no rains, no showers but sunny days and maybe some windy days too.
In other hand, Fishing has been good lately, some captains reports marlin, big dorado (a lot) and sailfish fishing offshore. When fishing inshore big mahi mahi, roosterfish and big jacks for a half or full day charters.
Fishing out of Riu Palace on November 10th, 2013.
Cynthia Hernandez and her husband where deep sea fishing with us on board our CORMORAN boat for a full day charter. They landed 3 sailfish!!!.
Fishing On September 28th, 2013.
We, myself, my son Esteban and my nephew Diego were inshore fishing on last Saturday, September 28th on board our LA CHILA-G. My brother Arnaldo Mendez, the captain, took us where the fish are. I say this in present cause we have had very good fishing since late July and continue…
This is late September and no much rains, just a few showers and flat seas conditions. We had great time fishing something for dinner. At 9am we had a bonito and a small dorado, later, by 10am we released two sailfish. We had good dorado/mahi-mahi biting; however, only kept 7 of them and a good sized wahoo. In the way back we saw 3 whales near Playa del Coco.
Fishing On September 15th, 2013.
On their second day charter, Mike Sheerin, Victor Rossi and Jim Marcel were inshore fishing again for a half day charter. This time they were a little happier due the fishing was better. They caught 6 dorados, a small tuna and also landed two nice pacific sailfish. Enough for a 4 hours charter, right? Hope to see you guys once again next year!!!.
Fishing On September 12th, 2013.
Mike Sheerin was fishing with us last year and also was fishing with us today for a half a day inshore charter on board the CORMORAN. He and two more friends, Victor Rossi and Jim Marcel, are staying in Coco beach and want to be fishing for a few more days. Today they caught 4 small dorados and released a sailfish.
Fishing On September 7th, 2013.
- Today was the last day of fishing of the Griffin couple from the Riu Guanacaste hotel. They wanted to go deep sea fishing again as the first time. Landed 4 of 6 sailfish and also caught 2 bull dorados.
Fishing On September 6th, 2013.
- Phillip and Heidi Moore were fishing with us for 3 days on board our MONO boat and Jesus Mendez captain. They had a nice time fishing with us, caught a lot of dorado and a sailfish.
- Chris and his wife in their second day fishing with us. As the first time, they were on board the LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez captain fishing inshore. They relased 3 roosterfish and caught one dorado.
Fishing On September 5th, 2013.
- Fishing is hot for both: offshore and inshore. Today we took the Ginger Copeland group deep sea fishng on board LA CHILA-G boat and they had a great day, landing 3 of 5 sailfish and 3 dorados fishing offshore. In the afternoon they were fishing inshore and caught 2 roosterfish too.
- Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat took Sarah Ruscheinsky and her group fishing for a full day. They landed 2 sailfish and caught 15 dorados.
Fishing On September 4th, 2013.
- Today was the last try for the Marcellus Plenge group and they decided to go after roosterfish for a half day charter on board the CORMORAN boat, and they did it, the released 4 roosterfish.
On September 3rd, 2013.
- Chris Christopher and his wife were deep sea fishing with us on board LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a nice and landed 9 of 12 sailfish and also caught 3 dorados.
- This was the Marcellus Plenge group second day charter. They were deep sea fishing on board the CORMORAN boat and Jesus Mendez captain. Released 4 of 7 sailfish and caught one dorado.
On September 2nd, 2013. - Phillip Bryan Moore and his wife were fishing with us on board our MONO boat. They had a busy day and caught a lot of dorado, a few more of 20 of them.
On August 31, 2013.
- The group of Marcellus Plenge was fishing with us on board our LA CHILA-G boat. They had a nice inshore fishing charter catching roosterfish and other inshore species.
On August 15, 2013
Today is a holiday here in Costa Rica, this is Mother day.
Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat took Matt Katz group deep sea fishing out of Playa Conchal. They had a nice day and landed 6 of 8 sailfish.
On August 9, 2013
Arnaldo Mendez, on board LA CHILA-G boat took Alex Heinze and 3 more people deep sea fishing from Playa Conchal. They had a good time and released 4 sailfish and also caught 2 yellowfin tunas.
On August 8, 2013
This time, Mark Barbera and his family were inshore fishing on board LA CHILA-G boat and Arnaldo captain. They released 5 roosterfish, one hamberjack and other inshore species fishing for a full day charter.
This is not a peak marlin season; however, captains have been reporting a few blues released lately.
Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat took Roberto White and two more friends deep sea fishing. They landed the 300lbs Blue Marlin shown in the pic below.
On August 6, 2013
Arnaldo Mendez, on board LA CHILA-G boat took Mark Barbera and his family deep sea fishing. All of them had good action and landed 6 of 8 sailfish and caught 3 dorados.
On August 5, 2013
Camacho, the El Jefe boat took 3 people from the Exlusive Resort in Papagayo inshore fishing for a half a day. They released 2 sailfish and caught 3 dorados.
On August 4, 2013
Camacho, the El Jefe boat took his one guy fishing for a day. The splitted the day half day inshore and half day offshore. By the end of the day, they released 2 sailfish, caught 3 dorados and 3 roosterfish.
On August 2, 2013
Jesus Mendez, the MONO boat captain, picked Nelson Albareda and his two kids up from the Four Seasons hotel deep sea fishing for 6 hours. They had a nice day and released one sailfish and caught 18 mahi mahi.