Fishing Reports November - December 2008January 12, 2009
- I am going to use this space to inform about the Costa Rica earthquake on last Thursday, January 08.
This happend on a remote location, right back of the Poas Volcano, it doesn't affect in nothing the road from San Jose to any other city/town off San Jose. The way from San Jose to Guanacaste is fine, it is nice to drive to Papagayo or Tamarindo region.
Right now, the country has a "emergency condition", however, it is only to assist the "Vara Blanca" region, the quake epicenter.
December 14, 2008
- Jose Mendez, the Albatres boat captain took Mr. Clement Ott and his wife fishing half day at the nearby Penaguastes. They caught a nice 50lbs roosterfish.
December 11, 2008
- On their second day, Todd Gobert and his wife, fishing out from the Allegro Papagayo resort, on the LA CHILA-G boat were fishing offshore in the golfo de Papagayo, at the end of the day they landed a sailfish.
- Charlie and Suzy, fishing out from the Paradisus Playa Conchal at the nearby Catalinas island, for half day, caught a nice 40lbs roosterfish, two bonitos and one mackerel fishing on the Wahoo boat with captain Lino Guido.
December 09, 2008
- Todd Gobert and his wife, fishing out from the Allegro Papagayo resort, on the LA CHILA-G boat were fishing at the Bat islands; they caught one rooster, one hamberjack, one dorado, one cubera snaper and other smaller fish.
December 01, 2008
- Odir Gutierrez, the LA CHILA-G captain took Anthony Nash and two friends, from the Four Seasons resort, fishing out to Bat islands. They caught 11 dorados and 10 bonitos.
November 28, 2008
- Jose Mendez on the Albatres boat took John and Dan fishing out from Bahia Pez Vela resort at the Catalinas islands. They had a very nice day, released a nice 70lbs roosterfish, one 50lbs hamberjack and 30lbs cubera snapper.
November 06, 2008
- Dry season (summer as we call it) is here, the transition month is coming with a lot of sun, but there are occasional showers after 3 or 4 pm.
- On this Hilton Papagayo fishing charter, James Estees and his friend were fishing on the LA CHILA-G boat. Odir Gutierrez, captain, took them fishing at the Bat islands in the gulf of Papagayo, they released one sailfish and caught 13 Dorados.
- Lino Guido on the Wahoo boat took Dave Bard and his wife from Washington fishing at the nearby Catalinas islands. They caught one nice rooster fish, 2 red snapper and some bonitos.