Papagayo Fishing with Papagayo Sportfishing
Welcome to Papagayo Sport Fishing; anglers, fishermen and those who would like a fishing charter out of Papagayo (Peninsula de Papagayo, gulf of Papagayo), Flamingo or Tamarindo beach at the north western corner of Costa Rica. Fishing charters in these world wide famous water for its quality and great variety of fishing species let us provide awesome deep sea fishing charters and fabulous inshore Papagayo fishing trips, these waters are productive twelve months of the year.We are located in Playa del Coco in the gulf of Papagayo; however, provide fishing charter for other spots such as: Flamingo beach, Conchal, Playa Grande and Tamarindo. Lets us know where you will be staying and will know the best way you reach our boats.
WE ARE BOATS OWNERS!!!; so, why not to book with us and save some money when you vacation here. Each boat captain and crew will make all what they can do to reach the best fishing spots and to catch the fish you are looking for.About Pick Up ...
When possible, we pick up, BY BOAT, from the hotel beach you are staying. Contact us by e-mail or give us a call if you have any questions regarding our charter boats.
Papagayo Fishing Reports
We are now in the transition between rainy season and dry season; so, no rains, no showers but sunny days and maybe some windy days too.
In other hand, Fishing has been good lately, some captains reports marlin, big dorado (a lot) and sailfish fishing offshore. When fishing inshore big mahi mahi, roosterfish and big jacks for a half or full day charters.
Fishing out of Riu Palace on November 10th, 2013.
Cynthia Hernandez and her husband where deep sea fishing with us on board our CORMORAN boat for a full day charter. They landed 3 sailfish!!!.
Fishing On September 28th, 2013.
Myself, my son Esteban and my nephew Diego were inshore fishing on last Saturday, September 28th on board our LA CHILA-G. My brother Arnaldo Mendez, the captain, took us where the fish are. I say this in present cause we have had very good fishing since late July and continue…
This is late September and no much rains, just a few showers and flat seas conditions. We had great time fishing something for dinner. At 9am we had a bonito and a small dorado, later, by 10am we released two sailfish. We had good dorado/mahi-mahi biting; however, only kept 7 of them and a good sized wahoo. In the way back we saw 3 whales near Playa del Coco.
Fishing On September 15th, 2013.
On their second day charter, Mike Sheerin, Victor Rossi and Jim Marcel were inshore fishing again for a half day charter. This time they were a little happier due the fishing was better. They caught 6 dorados, a small tuna and also landed two nice pacific sailfish. Enough for a 4 hours charter, right? Hope to see you guys once again next year!!!.
Fishing On September 12th, 2013.
Mike Sheerin was fishing with us last year and also was fishing with us today for a half a day inshore charter on board the CORMORAN. He and two more friends, Victor Rossi and Jim Marcel, are staying in Coco beach and want to be fishing for a few more days. Today they caught 4 small dorados and released a sailfish.
Fishing On September 7th, 2013.
- Today was the last day of fishing of the Griffin couple from the Riu Guanacaste hotel. They wanted to go deep sea fishing again as the first time. Landed 4 of 6 sailfish and also caught 2 bull dorados.
Fishing On September 6th, 2013.
- Phillip and Heidi Moore were fishing with us for 3 days on board our MONO boat and Jesus Mendez captain. They had a nice time fishing with us, caught a lot of dorado and a sailfish.
- Chris Griffin and his wife in their second day fishing with us. As the first time, they were on board the LA CHILA-G boat with Arnaldo Mendez captain fishing inshore. They relased 3 roosterfish and caught one dorado.
Fishing On September 5th, 2013.
- Fishing is hot for both: offshore and inshore. Today we took the Ginger Copeland group deep sea fishng on board LA CHILA-G boat and they had a great day, landing 3 of 5 sailfish and 3 dorados fishing offshore. In the afternoon they were fishing inshore and caught 2 roosterfish too.
- Jesus Mendez on board the CORMORAN boat took Sarah Ruscheinsky and her group fishing for a full day. They landed 2 sailfish and caught 15 dorados.
Fishing On September 4th, 2013.
- Today was the last try for the Marcellus Plenge group and they decided to go after roosterfish for a half day charter on board the CORMORAN boat, and they did it, the released 4 roosterfish.
On September 3rd, 2013.
- Chris Griffin and his wife were deep sea fishing with us on board LA CHILA-G and Arnaldo Mendez captain. They had a nice and landed 9 of 12 sailfish and also caught 3 dorados.
- This was the Marcellus Plenge group second day charter. They were deep sea fishing on board the CORMORAN boat and Jesus Mendez captain. Released 4 of 7 sailfish and caught one dorado.
On September 2nd, 2013. - Phillip Bryan Moore and his wife were fishing with us on board our MONO boat. They had a busy day and caught a lot of dorado, a few more of 20 of them.